Saturday, February 12, 2011

Facial Bliss!


If my memory serve's me right, my last trip to the facial spa was last year around September. Since, I scrub my face and neck using Apricot Scrub from St Ive's I surmise that it was good enough, saves me money. But then, I kind of missed the pampering at the spa. So the other day, I treated myself to facial and indeed it was a bliss.

I started having my face taken care of by a facial 3 years ago, probably because I felt that face was clogged up with dirt, white and black heads and of course vanity. The first experience I had was rather tiny bit painful when the the esthetician (the one who does the facial cleansing) was pricking my face  like crazy, like she was exorcising something. It got me thinking that was my face really the dirty? Then she showed me the black and white heads to me and believe me it was gross- it was quite an accumulation. If  I can remember I paid around 300 pesos ( 7 U.S. dollars) and then they got expensive and so I looked for a more inexpensive spa luckily I found one that only does 250 pesos(6  U.S. dollars) facial .  From that day on I never transferred to another spa for the services were great, even better than the expensive ones where prices can range from 350- 1,000 pesos (8-25  U.S. dollars). What I like about the spa I am patronizing now is they not only clean my face  of  dirt (some spa doesn't offer pricking for 250 pesos) but also the extra service of a head, neck and back massage. For only 250 pesos this is already quite a bargain.

To those who doesn't know what happens in deep facial cleansing. Firstly, the esthetician  exfoliate the face  with use of abrasive or grainy substance usually in form a apricot scrub. Secondly, vacuum the face for the deep layer dirt to surface and steam  the face for the pores to open for like 5-10 minutes. Thirdly, prick the face for white and black heads, this is my fave part where I can deeply slumber (snoring included).Fourthly, apply a mask. Fifthly, apply cream. Lastly, laser treat the face for the micro abrasion caused by the scrub and close the pores and iron the face with cold rolling metal to even out the bumps on the face. Although, not offered from other spas, the last activity-the head, neck, back massage.

There are a lot deep facial treatments available depending on how deep is your pocket, the one that I have is the traditional facial which doesn't cost much. There is the Microdermabrasion; most famous of this is the Diamond Peel. A procedure in which diamond dust is applied to the skin and vacuumed away, thereby exfoliating the skin for dead cells and remove fine lines and wrinkles. The Photo Facial, this procedure uses the light to stimulate the collagen underneath skin, treat various skin conditions such as acne breakout, broken capillaries, dark spots and etc. It has two procedures the LED (Ligt-emitting diode) and IPL (intense pulse light).What LED does is gentle treatment on the skin where in a narrow spectrum of light is applied to stimulate the collagen for that younger and plumber look and kill that bacteria that causes acne. On the other hand, the IPL is rather wee bit painful (depending on the pain tolerance of a person), the treatment , to reiterate,  is ideal for people who has brown or black spots, with broken capillaries or facial redness, and kill bacteria residing on the dermis that causes pimple and acne break out.     

After a dose of facial cleansing, my face feels light and fresh. I feel like renewed person-confident and happy. Although, a person can live with out it nevertheless, the quality time I can give myself is  worth more than the 250 pesos plus 100 pesos tip that I shell out. If makes me happy happy? Why not submit myself to the esthetician mercy who will do magic on my face and my soul.    



Sources:








     

No comments:

Post a Comment