Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am so Happy I am Fat

Although, I would be a bit happy if I can gain a few pounds of muscle not fat of  my  5'10 height and 140 lbs weight frame but to some people at gym, they went overboard  about aiming  for 180-200 pounds of blabber. Wow! I never knew that getting fat is making a comeback. Since when did  getting heavy with fat has become an "in"  thing. Just this morning I was performing my Press down exercise  without  gusto when this guy suddenly burst my bubble and exclaimed out happily to the whole world shouting " Ticz, I am already 188 lbs, 12 more to go! Wohoo!" and Ticz, our gym instructor answered " Yehey! Way to go 12 more pounds!" and in my mind I was saying "Way to go fatso, I am happy for you! You belly looks a globe! Ewww!" Joking no offense to the fats in the world. May your weight carry to the top of the Mt. Olympus.

I don't know what is happening with my body that when I stop lifting weight, I shrink. My weight when I stopped working out was around 147 lbs and when I came back 1 month after I lost the 7 pounds which bother's me a lot. All my life, until 5 years ago my weight was 112-117 lbs. I was way so skinny no matter how much I indiscreetly eat my metabolism doesn't cut me some slack to get fat. Believe me, before I had dreamed and wished of having those fat belly. Every time I see people with big belly, I envy them . What else can skinny guy could do but to get fat.  Until 5 years ago,  with persistence and drive I started eating  my way to 155 lbs. I should be celebrating  my new found when a classmate commented right on my face  " You  look skinny and yet you have a big belly."  She was rather harsh on my new found happiness. By the way, I may had gained weight but I still look skinny because I have small frame body structure. That comment shook me up my reverie and started seeing myself in mirror of how unsightly to see my hanging belly. I took that as a motivation me to enroll in the gym and start lifting.  

Because of my concern over my sudden loss of weight, I consulted the gym instructor on how to gain muscle and weight? That question of mine, opened the floodgate of muscle and strength training. He was medically explaining  to me about how much food I should eat, supplements to take, workout programs to do and many others that I was totally lost in his fitness blabber. Then I asked  " What I am going to do first if I want to have 150 lbs weight and  attain that Zanjoe Marudo( A Filipino model/ actor)? " Simply he answered me back with nonchalance " Get FAT until your 180 lbs" and I frighteningly blurted out " What?!"  he said " No joke. You have to get fat". Who is he kidding? Me? After all the sweat and effort I invested into maintaining my flat belly I have to get fat.  To ease me out of my fear of getting heavy he scientifically explained to me the logic behind why I have to gain weight to 180 lbs. 


Getting FAT he meant that I eat mountain of food-  great serving of rice during mealtime and snacks  consisting of carbohydrates that I can lay my hands on until I reach my goal of  180 lbs.  When I reach that peak that is the time I am going to go on a diet and exercise like death  to define my body like Zanjoe. Although, Zanjoe's body "cut" is to be envied for, I still found myself grumbling for with my weight now see the definition of my abs  which I freakishly worked out for months and from what I can see from the mirrors in the gym and at home I don't really look that skeletal, do I? Seriously, I don't look unhealthy just that the rate of my weight loss is alarming for me. Why not consult a doctor? Well, I a phobiea with doctors and anything that smells like hospital. 

His explanation was that one has to get fat in order to get ripped. How?  That FAT is going to give the body the energy  after a serious workout. Meaning, the protein that one consumed from food and supplements will repair  muscle that was damaged from working out instead of  converting  it to energy for the body.  If one does not have fat to provide energy the tendency of  the body is to use muscle protein to compensate for it . So if your are thin and works our real hard you will end up like shrinking violet.      

That conversation was 4 days ago and I am still contemplating doing his advise. I really hate to see my abs disappear because I wanted a body like the actor. Is it worth the pain if not the pleasure of eating if I look in the mirror I see my ballooning face  and body  or see my belly sticking out of my shirt? Is it really worth the risk? I guess, the one thing I am doing now of all the things that he advised  is to scratch out my cardiology exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment